About Solsquare – Namibia
Solsquare Namibia was founded in Windhoek, Namibia in 2008 by Solsquare South Africa and two local partners, Jens Kuehhirt and Leonhard Eins. Since its founding, Solsquare Namibia has focused on providing Solsquare’s high quality products and services in a market that is characterised by even harsher climatic conditions than in South Africa and an unrelenting request for product quality.
Solsquare Namibia has responded to this market demand by offering high levels of engineering support and working together with a wide network of local installers and partners with proven technical and project track record.
This has allowed Solsquare Namibia to become a well-recognised market player and partner of choice for lodge owners, public institutions, home owners and engineering consultants that require a high level of know-how and experience in the design of custom made renewable energies solutions.
As a team dominated by engineers we enjoy engaging with consulting engineers and we see this as our preferred route to market in Namibia.
Meet the Team
Leonhard Eins – Projects Director
- Leonhard was born in Windhoek, Namibia and holds a MBA and a B.Tech degree from the University of Applied Science Schweinfurt, Germany
- From 1998 to 2000 he worked at Behr GmbH in Germany assisting them in restructuring a plant before moving to India to join SARVOTTAM Pumps Ltd
- On returning to Namibia he joined Elwiwa (Pty)Ltd until 2007 where he acted as a project manager in their water division before moving to Aqua Services & Engineering Services (Pty) Ltd as project director and shareholder
- At Solsquare, Leonhard takes operational responsibility as projects director
Jens Kuehhirt – Director of Finance
- Jens was born in Windhoek, Namibia and holds a B.Com and a CTA degree from the Witwatersrand University, South Africa. In addition, he is a registered Chartered Accountant in South Africa and Namibia and a registered auditor
- Jens served as audit partner and the Managing Partner of Deloitte & Touche Namibia until 2006 before starting his own business JCK Consulting focusing on advisory services in the financial services industry
- He is a non-executive director on the following companies’ boards: Oryx Properties Ltd, Old Mutual Life Association Company Ltd, Mutual & Federal Insurance Company of Namibia Ltd
- At Solsquare, Jens takes responsibility for all finance and administration tasks as the finance director.
Jaco Huisamen – Project Engineer
- Jaco was born in Oranjemund, Namibia and obtained a B-Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Polytechnic of Namibia.
- Jaco started his career in Namdeb mining area as an electrician apprentice after he changed direction to study Mechanical Engineering.
- While completing his tertiary education he worked in the consulting engineering field.
- A few years later he got the opportunity to work in his favourite field, Thermodynamics, at Solsquare Namibia as Project Engineer.