About Solsquare – Namibia
Solsquare Namibia was founded in Windhoek, Namibia in 2008 by Solsquare South Africa and two local partners, Jens Kuehhirt and Leonhard Eins. Since its founding, Solsquare Namibia has focused on providing Solsquare’s high quality products and services in a market that is characterised by even harsher climatic conditions than in South Africa and an unrelenting request for product quality.
Solsquare Namibia has responded to this market demand by offering high levels of engineering support and working together with a wide network of local installers and partners with proven technical and project track record.
This has allowed Solsquare Namibia to become a well-recognised market player and partner of choice for lodge owners, public institutions, home owners and engineering consultants that require a high level of know-how and experience in the design of custom made renewable energies solutions.
As a team dominated by engineers we enjoy engaging with consulting engineers and we see this as our preferred route to market in Namibia.
Meet the Team
Leonhard Eins – Managing Director
- Leonhard Eins was born in Windhoek, Namibia. He holds a Engineering Degree and a Masters from the Fachhochschule Würzburg- Schweinfurt, Germany
- Leonhard joined Behr in Stuttgart as a junior engineer in 1999 and worked throughout the group for 2 years
- After this, Leonhard joined a multidisciplinary engineering firm and moved to India to manage and establish a water division office for the Indian market
- Upon his return to Namibia in 2005, Leonhard joined ELWIWA to drive project division and establish new markets in the SADC region and in 2007 joined Aqua Services & Engineering (now part of Veolia) as a partner, heading up projects
- In this time, he also interacted regularly with governmental and non-governmental institutions (national and international) on environmental legislation (water, mining, energy)
- Leonhard is one of the founding shareholders of Solsquare Namibia and MD of Solsquare Namibia
- He is a fellow of the Water Institute of Southern Africa and a member of numerous renewable / environmental forums
Jens Kuehhirt – Finance Director
- Jens Kuehhirt is a shareholder and director of Solsquare Namibia, as well as a shareholder in Solsquare (Pty) Ltd and director of TriVest
- He served as Non-Executive Independent Member of the Board of Directors of Oryx Properties Limited and Chairman of the Risk, Audit and Compliance Committee, and a Member of the Remuneration and Nomination Committee
- He retired from the auditing profession in December 2006 as Senior Partner of Deloitte & Touche in Namibia after 35 years of service with the firm in South Africa, Germany and Namibia. He was Partner of the firm in Namibia
- He was Member of the Board and Tax Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Namibia for several years
- He has been Independent Financial Consultant since January 2007
- Other directorships include Old Mutual Life Assurance Company (Namibia) Limited. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree and is Chartered Accountant for Namibia and South Africa